Where are you, Bunny?|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 19 most recent journal entries recorded in
Bunny Updates' LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Thursday, September 8th, 2005|
If wishes were horses
I wish I had the words.
I can't believe how much I love you all. I didn't think it was possible to love people as much as I love all of you.
I want more than anything to have the words. Maybe one day I will.
Or maybe I'll have money again one day, and bake cookies for everyone. Obviously not soon, 'cause ya'll really don't want cookies made with Louisiana water right now.....
I want to hug all of you. More than you know. And the poison ivy's gone away a lot, so maybe one day I will again be able to do it!
God, I would love to have words right now. That's what I need after this hurricane, I need words to tell you all I love you.
Ok, I think Bunny and I have decided to get together on Saturday in Clearwater at Pier 60 right up on the water. I'm thinking there will be a meeting spot I'm just not sure where, anyone have any ideas? I was thinking over by the Sea Screamer or something.
Let us/me know and if for some reason Tomorrow is better for most of you let us know, we're so flexible.
Ok. Must drag her away from her Flist to get food. Neither of us have eaten yet today.Edit!!
: Ummm anyone have a special time they want to meet up on Saturday? I was thinking we could hang and do something or we could just all go for dinner. They have those little cruises that go around the gulf that have dinner or something so that might be an idea.
We're cool with anything. Current Mood: hungry
|Wednesday, September 7th, 2005|
Bunny's here safe and sound. Tired but here.
I think we're gonna plan for something Saturday or Friday. How's that sound? Current Mood: restless
Bunny Con 05....
Ok. It's apparent that everyone wants to get together. This is doable. Now, the most logical option seems to be having a spot and either spending the day or whatever together.
Ok, I'm in Spring Hill. That's about 1 hour and 30ish min from Orlando and one hour [less really] from the Tampa airport. I'm on the West coast of Florida.
Anyone who could come if we do something comment here and let me know what part of Florida you're in and if you can and are willing to drive somewhere. Not to mention the day[s] you're free.
I dont' think Bunny's gonna want to be paraded around like the Popemobile so maybe a get-together would be nice.
One Idea I had was maybe dinner at my place but that depends on how many people and what not [I'm a glutton for punishment. I love to entertain. lol]. Or we can meet up somewhere and just do something crazy for the day.
I know, I'm nuts. But hey, why not. lol.
Anyone else have any other ideas? Current Mood: chipper
|Tuesday, September 6th, 2005|
For those who haven't heard Bunny will be driving out to Florida tomorrow to come stay with me for a while.
I promise to spoil the tar out of her. lol.
She bought a new starter today that her father put in [lil over $100 for it] and hopefully has enough money for gas.
She'll be leaving at 3am and will be here sometime between noon and 3pm.
She's bringing her computer so she will be online for everyone to see :)
*scurry's to clean the house* Current Mood: excited
|Monday, September 5th, 2005|
Okay, when remember_nomore
spoke to Bunny, Bunny leveled with her about one thing that she sort of skipped over with both Steph and me. While her car is functional, the storm does seem to have caused a problem with her starter. I know zilch about cars. I also have no idea what garages are open anywhere near Bunny now. If anybody's got any ideas/info, bring 'em on up.ETA: Okay, Bun's most recent phone post says she's bought a starter and her father is going to install it so... rather moot at this point.
|Saturday, September 3rd, 2005|
Phone Posting Journal
I just talked to the dear Vbunny and the poor thing's all LJ deprived.
I set up a live journal for her to do her phone posts. Hopefully she'll get more phone card time soon to make posts.
Friend away :)bunnyishere Current Mood: calm
Okay, who's taping what?
The lovely Bunnster wants exactly one thing in her care package: copies of the premieres of BtVS/AtS alums that she will miss during the blackout in her area. Should we start a sign-up list among those of us who can send her stuff? I feel a little weird about releasing her address to anyone who doesn't already have it. I'd also suggest that, just in case another "act of God" occurs and somebody's VCR decides not to tape for whatever reason, we have a taper and a back-up taper for each program.
The BtVS alum programs for this season are
Bones (David Boreanaz) FOX- Tuesday Sept. 13, 8/7 p.m.
Kitchen Confidential (Nicholas Brendon) FOX - Monday, Sept. 19, 8:30/7:30 p.m.
The Unit (Amy Acker) CBS (I'm not seeing this one on the line-up... was it dropped?)
How I Met Your Mother (Alyson Hannigan) CBS - Monday, 8:30/7:30 p.m.
Four Kings (Seth Green) NBC (I'm also not seeing this in the line-up... dropped?)
Close to Home (Christian Kane) CBS - Tuesday, 10:00 p.m.
Smallville (James Marsters) WB - Thursday, 8/7 p.m.
I believe I nabbed all of them. If the start date isn't listed, it's because I couldn't find it. If I'm missing anything, please tell me.
Hope this link works
Bunny's journal disk space was full of wedding photos, leaving no room for phone posts. So, she made a phone post to my journal. Hopefully I've successfully linked it here. :)
Happy listening. :)
Just got off the phone with Bunny
I cannot believe how amazingly well Bunny is doing. I just talked to her for a good while, and I can tell you the following info (sorry if any of this is repetitious from what other people have posted, but the news is so incredibly good it bears repeating)
1. She is physically fine. She did get some poison ivy when she went outside to clean up some storm damage, but otherwise she is perfectly okay.
2. Falon is fine. She and Bunny's mother are in... a city in Louisiana that begins with an A that I couldn't even vaguely begin to spell. She's already been enrolled in that city's school, and they're okay.
3. Bunny's house is essentially okay. They lost a vent to the attic on the roof from the wind, but aside from that, no flooding and no major wind damage. There is a tree on her father's shed and another in a fenced in coop in the yard that was empty, and there are a lot of branches down in the area, but otherwise there was no damage.
4. She has food and bottled water. Her job is sending it in to her from other offices. She's been eating MRE's (and she said they taste like "Northern cooking" because they're kind of bland, but they've got hot sauce ;P ) and she has plenty of water to drink.
5. Her mother's house is okay. A large tree came down in the front yard, but unbelievebly parted to either side of her grandfather's angel birdbath, leaving it completely untouched.
6. They don't have electricity, but they do have a generator, which is currently powering a stove, lights, and fans, and she has watched some (non-cable) news on a small black and white TV set. There is also no regular phone service. Her cell, though, is obviously working.
7. She's going to try to do phone posts. She would have earlier, but the phone number she had to post from had been knocked out from the storm.
8. She does have flashlights.
9. Her top priority during all of this, biggest worry, has been us worrying about her. She says to stop because she is absolutely fine, and so are all her loved ones.
10. Her job (and the building she works in is okay) will continue to pay her for as long as the disaster continues, regardless of whether or not work has resumed, so she is okay for money.
11. The only thing we could ship her that she would need is ice. She said we're welcome to give that a try. ;)
12. She is horrified by the condition of New Orleans (which she's seen on that small bw TV) and of other parts of Slidell as well, but they are getting help in Slidell.
So, in conclusion, as Bunny put it, they "must have had some kind of guardian angel" looking out for them, because I seriously can't think of any way she could have fared better in this whole thing.
xposted to my journal
I don't want to put any kind of damper on things, because I'm still in hug-everyone-super-relieved mode, but...
Falon? Lisa & Mike? parents and grandparents? I want everyone to be okay.
Also, does Bunny need anything? I'm something of an expert with care packages if she can get mail. I already have one in the works with water and food that doesn't need to be cooked and candy and such.
If anyone talks to her, please let me know if she needs anything at all. I am ready to send aid. : )
(x-posted to my journal) Current Mood: relieved
One more text from Bunny:
"I've been worried about you guys worrying! I'm in Hammond, LA, getting gas & my phone is dying. Tell everyone I love them!"
Today is a good day. :) Current Mood: happy
I HEARD FROM BUNNY!!!!!!!!
She just texted me!!
"I'm okay! No net or cell in Slidell, will be online asap! Love you all much!"
Thank god. :) Current Mood: relieved
Phone lines *ARE* being restored.
I tried calling one of the landlines that I found for her family and it actually rang!
...But no answer.
The other landline had a weird busy signal and her cellphone is still down.
Someone said that phone lines are starting to come back in Slidell.
Maybe we'll hear from her soon. Current Mood: hopeful
Go Post Office, GO!
I just saw on CNN that the PO was giving victims post office boxes and making a special zip code for the astrodome, so its easier to find people.
Okay, not Bunny herself, but... yey for the post office.
The government doesnt always suck! I'm an optomist.
:sigh: Current Mood: determined
Good or bad news?
Okay, so her phone has gone from "all circuits busy" to just a busy signal...
So... I don't know what that means.
And I just called the Red Cross, and nothing.
That's all I gots, yo. Current Mood: distressed
Another icon, free for all.
I wish there was something I could do. :-(
|Friday, September 2nd, 2005|
My company mailroom has provided a list of affected zip-codes where UPS and USPS service has been suspended. The USPS has suspended all deliveries into Bunny's zip-code. However, UPS did not include her zip-code on their list.
Now, I'm not suggesting that anyone actually ship anything at this point, since merely not being on the suspension list is not enough to guarantee that a package will actually get there with any kind of certainty.
I'm just sharing this as another indication that her area may not be quite as devastated as some others in the region.
Also - this link: Katrina databases
Its a compilation of links to many missing person databases which have sprung up over the past few days. One stop shopping.